An Introduction to The Torch

Find out what Westbrook High School’s online newspaper is all about!

John Morgan

Westbrook High School students are publishing an online news site today. The site, named The Torch due to the school’s mascot, will be published weekly. 

The Torch is a great platform for students to use there voices and be heard by the school. Gracia Bareti, the editor of the opinion section, says the site is a “perfect way to express your opinions.”

Chadda Chhoeun, a staff member with the The Torch staff, explained her motivation for joining the team. “The main reason I joined The Torch was a way for me to talk about issues in our school and gets kids to talk about them.”

Areeya Bouphovin, another staff member with the The Torch staff, explains that The Torch is a good way to stay informed about our school. “You can see the results of school sports, school elections, and other things going in our school.” 

The Torch will be launching on January 8th and the whole staff is very excited to be a part of it. Join next year!   

The online news site has five categories: news, activities, culture, opinion, and blog. News will tell us what things are going on in our school like school elections, student council meetings, and more. Activities will report school events. Culture will do reviews on movies, restaurants, video games, etc. 

Contact the writer: [email protected]me.us